Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – CIMA
CIMA is the world’s leading & largest professional body of Management Accountants with 218,000 members and students in 177 countries. It is an international qualification that enables applicants to make a career that is recognised worldwide.
A Global Profession: (Joint Qualification by CPA )
AICPA, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and CIMA, two of the world’s most prestigious accounting bodies, have established Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) as the most valued, globally recognized management accountant designation. On becoming CIMA Members you are automatically entitled to the CGMA Designation.
What do CIMA Members do?
CIMA members are qualified to work across an organization i.e. their role goes beyond finance. Because in addition to strong accounting fundamentals, CIMA teaches strategic business and management skills to:
• Analyse information for business decisions.
• Formulate business strategy to create wealth and shareholder value.
• Identify and manage risk
• Apply accounting techniques to plan & budget.
• Communicate and explain the trends, numbers and charts to
Learn the best of Finance, Costing & Management ( CA , CWA & MBA)
CIMA Syllabus has been divided into three pillars: Enterprise Pillar, Performance Pillar, Financial Pillar.
- Enterprise Pillar provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills related to management with the help of subjects such as marketing, organizational behaviour, project management, technology, strategic planning and so on . Such knowledge and skills are typically taught in an MBA course
- Performance Pillar prepares you with the necessary knowledge needed in areas such as cost planning, budgeting, pricing, decision-making and so on. Such knowledge is typically gained by doing professional course such as the CWA.
- Financial Pillar prepares you with the necessary knowledge needed in areas such as IFRS, group accounting, business valuation, corporate finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, regulatory reporting and so on. Such knowledge is typically gained by doing professional course such as the CA.
Some of the roles performed by CIMA members are:
|Business Analyst||Forensic Accountant||Financial Controller|
|Director of IT||Group Treasurer||Project Manager|
|Management Consultant||Director of business planning||Financial Manager|
|Director of Operations||Director responsible for change||Chief Finance Officer|